How Should Parents Dress to a First Communion Ceremony?
One of the most memorable moments in life is seeing your children at a first holy communion ceremony. What you wear on this day will be a great way to show that you share this special memory with your son or daughter. However, choosing appropriate clothes to participate in this occasion can take you a lot of time. In the following article, we will provide you some tips about how to dress as parents at a first communion party.
Wearing the right clothes and style for any occasion is a matter of good manners. Parents should keep in mind that first communion is a religious occasion and your kids will be the ones that people focus on. Therefore, you should choose a polite and neutral outfit for a church ceremony.
The most important key is to avoid drawing too much attention to yourself by wearing flashy, too revealing, or extremely casual clothes. Remember that you are there as a companion and guide for your child, who is the center of attention for family and friends on this special and important day of their life.
For the Mom
Women will have more options than men but they need to remember what should and shouldn't wear to an event like this:
- Both dress or suit are usually welcomed as long as it fits your size and makes you feel comfortable rather than feel tugging at for the day. If you choose a dress, do not forget the length of the stress will be the first thing you need to consider. Avoid picking up a too-short dress and above your knees.
- Perfect dress color would be a light or pastel color but it's ok to wear a dress in another color as well.
- In case you opt for a suit, you'd have to be sure first if your church recommends this, but if they have no issues, you can try it with a nice blazer to enhance your formal look.
- Hair, makeup, and accessories will enhance your look but you shouldn’t wear too much makeup or flashy accessories at communion party.
For the Dad
For men, it is kind of easier to choose a suitable outfit. However, you should bear in mind a couple of things while choosing your look on this important day:
- Simple clothes do not mean sporty or too much uncasual one. The best choice for you is to wear a suit and tie. A shirt and jacket will be a perfect combo too.
- In the color department, you should consider not using black this time. This occasion is formal but very joyful so it’s better to use lighter colors that brighten your look.
You can have a reference from our suggestion and reflect on your own style to have the most appropriate outfit for this special day. Avoid wearing something that you don’t feel comfortable in or that you feel as a costume. There is no right or wrong to choose clothes for wearing but we hope that our tips can help you to save time and have the perfect clothes for a communion ceremony with your children.